Kem Cetinay overwhelmed with bookings as Romford's Array to open 'in weeks'
- Credit: PA
Love Island winner Kem Cetinay has confirmed his Romford restaurant will open in two weeks.
Kem, who won the reality TV show in 2017, is set to open Array restaurant, bar and lounge on Shepherds Hill.
He told the Private Parts podcast: “I see how many people message every day for bookings, and we’re not even opening them yet, and it blows my mind.
“But I love hospitality, greeting people, that’s why I wanted to do something like this.”
The Love Island star from Romford has been working on his new project at the former Shepherd and Dog restaurant in Harold Wood for more than a year now.
Kem admitted he didn’t know much about business before starting his new venture.
He said: “I didn’t know as much about business as I do now.
“And when you talk too much, it can bite you back in the arse.
“It’s better to sit and soak and then talk when it’s important.
- 1 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 2 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 3 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 4 Knife seized in Hornchurch as part of neighbourhood patrol
- 5 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 6 Man found not guilty of attempted murder in Brentwood
- 7 NHS staff protest mandatory vaccinations outside Queen's Hospital
- 8 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 9 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
- 10 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
“I don’t have knowledge on business, I’m learning as I’m going.”
He added: “Don’t get too emotionally attached to the business.
“I think that’s one thing I learnt - I got seriously emotionally attached, and it affects your working relationship with the business and everyone around it.
“It’s a business, at the end of the day, not a person. It’s not someone that can love you back.”