Kem Cetinay overwhelmed with bookings as Romford's Array to open 'in weeks'
- Credit: PA
Love Island winner Kem Cetinay has confirmed his Romford restaurant will open in two weeks.
Kem, who won the reality TV show in 2017, is set to open Array restaurant, bar and lounge on Shepherds Hill.
He told the Private Parts podcast: “I see how many people message every day for bookings, and we’re not even opening them yet, and it blows my mind.
“But I love hospitality, greeting people, that’s why I wanted to do something like this.”
The Love Island star from Romford has been working on his new project at the former Shepherd and Dog restaurant in Harold Wood for more than a year now.
Kem admitted he didn’t know much about business before starting his new venture.
He said: “I didn’t know as much about business as I do now.
You may also want to watch:
“And when you talk too much, it can bite you back in the arse.
“It’s better to sit and soak and then talk when it’s important.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 5 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 8 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 9 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 10 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
“I don’t have knowledge on business, I’m learning as I’m going.”
He added: “Don’t get too emotionally attached to the business.
“I think that’s one thing I learnt - I got seriously emotionally attached, and it affects your working relationship with the business and everyone around it.
“It’s a business, at the end of the day, not a person. It’s not someone that can love you back.”