Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- Credit: Olgun Sadik
A reality TV star is set to open a "fine dining" Romford restaurant in the next three weeks.
Love Island's Kem Cetinay will open the Array Restaurant, Bar and Lounge, replacing the Shepherd and Dog pub in Harold Wood.
Kem told ITV's Lorraine Kelly on her show Lorraine that he was opening the "fine dining grill restaurant" with a family friend.
He said: "We're building a huge, huge restaurant in Essex, with 400 seats.
"I know it's really random but it's something I've always been passionate about.
"It gave me a chance in lockdown to knuckle down, I bought the pub two years ago and now we're here, opening in three weeks. It is pretty surreal."
Speaking four years on from winning Love Island in 2017, Kem said he feels like a "veteran" of the show.
"I always say to people, just try and enjoy it, because I know it sounds quite cliché but it is just a bit of fun, and I think if you overthink it, it becomes more complicated than it needs to be."
- 1 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 2 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 4 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 5 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 6 Fire crews free trapped driver after Hornchurch car crash
- 7 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election
- 10 Woman 'slapped across face' in Brentwood restaurant
He said he had no regrets about being on the show, and it had changed his life "for the better".