Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- Credit: Olgun Sadik
A reality TV star is set to open a "fine dining" Romford restaurant in the next three weeks.
Love Island's Kem Cetinay will open the Array Restaurant, Bar and Lounge, replacing the Shepherd and Dog pub in Harold Wood.
Kem told ITV's Lorraine Kelly on her show Lorraine that he was opening the "fine dining grill restaurant" with a family friend.
He said: "We're building a huge, huge restaurant in Essex, with 400 seats.
"I know it's really random but it's something I've always been passionate about.
"It gave me a chance in lockdown to knuckle down, I bought the pub two years ago and now we're here, opening in three weeks. It is pretty surreal."
You may also want to watch:
Speaking four years on from winning Love Island in 2017, Kem said he feels like a "veteran" of the show.
"I always say to people, just try and enjoy it, because I know it sounds quite cliché but it is just a bit of fun, and I think if you overthink it, it becomes more complicated than it needs to be."
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 3 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 4 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 5 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 6 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 7 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 8 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 9 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 10 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
He said he had no regrets about being on the show, and it had changed his life "for the better".