Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- Credit: Olgun Sadik
A reality TV star is set to open a "fine dining" Romford restaurant in the next three weeks.
Love Island's Kem Cetinay will open the Array Restaurant, Bar and Lounge, replacing the Shepherd and Dog pub in Harold Wood.
Kem told ITV's Lorraine Kelly on her show Lorraine that he was opening the "fine dining grill restaurant" with a family friend.
He said: "We're building a huge, huge restaurant in Essex, with 400 seats.
"I know it's really random but it's something I've always been passionate about.
"It gave me a chance in lockdown to knuckle down, I bought the pub two years ago and now we're here, opening in three weeks. It is pretty surreal."
You may also want to watch:
Speaking four years on from winning Love Island in 2017, Kem said he feels like a "veteran" of the show.
"I always say to people, just try and enjoy it, because I know it sounds quite cliché but it is just a bit of fun, and I think if you overthink it, it becomes more complicated than it needs to be."
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 3 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 8 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 9 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 10 Heritage: Romford's key role in the English Civil War
He said he had no regrets about being on the show, and it had changed his life "for the better".