Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- Credit: Olgun Sadik
A reality TV star is set to open a "fine dining" Romford restaurant in the next three weeks.
Love Island's Kem Cetinay will open the Array Restaurant, Bar and Lounge, replacing the Shepherd and Dog pub in Harold Wood.
Kem told ITV's Lorraine Kelly on her show Lorraine that he was opening the "fine dining grill restaurant" with a family friend.
He said: "We're building a huge, huge restaurant in Essex, with 400 seats.
"I know it's really random but it's something I've always been passionate about.
"It gave me a chance in lockdown to knuckle down, I bought the pub two years ago and now we're here, opening in three weeks. It is pretty surreal."
You may also want to watch:
Speaking four years on from winning Love Island in 2017, Kem said he feels like a "veteran" of the show.
"I always say to people, just try and enjoy it, because I know it sounds quite cliché but it is just a bit of fun, and I think if you overthink it, it becomes more complicated than it needs to be."
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 7 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 8 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 9 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
He said he had no regrets about being on the show, and it had changed his life "for the better".