Array Essex: Kem Cetinay gives a sneak peek at new Harold Wood restaurant
- Credit: Lap Design Studio
The Love Island star from Romford has been working on his new project at the former Shepherd and Dog in Harold Wood for more than a year now.
Kem Cetinay confirmed that the glossy restaurant/bar Array Essex – which was originally due to open in June – will not be a Turkish restaurant.
He told the Recorder: “I’m a local boy trying to do something special for the locals. It’s very exciting for me and my family.”
Kem, who went to Emerson Park Academy, said in an Instagram video that his family had been regulars at the Shepherd and Dog for years and they even salvaged a photograph of the Shepherd and Dog from 1929 when it was built.
Niyazi, Kem’s dad said: “Why the Shepherd and Dog? Kemal was brought up in this area. This is the area that he knows all his local people and he’s got a very strong community here and he wants to give something back.”
You may also want to watch:
His mum, Figen, added: “I’m worried that I will want to go there with my friends but you’ll all be too young!”
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Cabinet to vote on proposed changes to how housing is allocated in Havering
- 7 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 10 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
A post shared by KEM (@kemcetinay) on May 31, 2020 at 12:06pm PDT
Kem’s business partner and restaurateur of 18 years Nadir Gul, who owns Turkish restaurant Shish Meze in Hornchurch, said: “I got a phone call from the chef at the Shepherd and Dog saying that they wanted to sell it and he [Kem] said to me ‘let’s just go and have a look’.”
“And we came here and straight away we made a decision and we said that we were going to go for it.”
Kem said: “I’ve been so stressed the last six months putting this together! I really want to do this for all the local people who have supported me since I came out of Love Island.”
Array Essex will include a sizeable new extension which is well under way and at the moment there is no confirmed opening date,