New Post Office opens in Hornchurch Road
- Credit: Post Office
A new Post Office branch has opened in Hornchurch Road.
Open since Monday (September 6), Hylands Post Office boasts banking facilities on top of typically-offered postal services.
Post Office network provision lead, Sam Coe, is "confident" this new branch will enhance provision in the Hornchurch area.
Part of a network-wide modernisation programme, the branch at 154 Hornchurch Road will be open six days a week (between 9am to 5pm on weekdays).
There will be a reduced 9am to 2pm service on Saturdays.
Another new Post Office is coming to Gidea Park on September 24.
Located in 238-240 Main Road, this facility will be open seven days a week.
This flurry of openings came after the Rush Green branch was saved at the final hour by a change of heart from the resigning postmaster.
- 1 Wendy's Romford to open tomorrow
- 2 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 3 Eight-storey housing and retail development proposed for centre of Romford
- 4 Mayor of Havering admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- 5 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 6 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 7 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 8 Police: Blaze in flats with flammable cladding was arson attack
- 9 Developer submits plan to build 28 houses on rural industrial park
- 10 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'