New Post Office opens in Hornchurch Road
- Credit: Post Office
A new Post Office branch has opened in Hornchurch Road.
Open since Monday (September 6), Hylands Post Office boasts banking facilities on top of typically-offered postal services.
Post Office network provision lead, Sam Coe, is "confident" this new branch will enhance provision in the Hornchurch area.
Part of a network-wide modernisation programme, the branch at 154 Hornchurch Road will be open six days a week (between 9am to 5pm on weekdays).
There will be a reduced 9am to 2pm service on Saturdays.
Another new Post Office is coming to Gidea Park on September 24.
You may also want to watch:
Located in 238-240 Main Road, this facility will be open seven days a week.
This flurry of openings came after the Rush Green branch was saved at the final hour by a change of heart from the resigning postmaster.
- 1 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 4 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 5 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 6 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 7 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 8 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 9 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 10 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday