Hornchurch regeneration homes go on sale for over £250,000
- Credit: Bellway London
A selection of new homes which are part of the second phase of a new housing development in Hornchurch have gone on sale.
The new development at a former hospital site in St George’s Park includes a collection of 356 houses and apartments built by Bellway London.
Phase two properties at St George’s Park include studio flats and one and two-bedroom apartments, however the wider scheme includes two, three, four and five-bedroom houses.
Prices range from £264,500 for a studio apartment to £825,000 for a five-bedroom detached house.
Currently Bellway London has 162 homes in phase two, including a listed building that has been restored at the site off Suttons Lane.
This phase comes after the first was launched in November 2019 and saw 44 “affordable” properties for rent, shared ownership and a range of apartments and houses.
Emma Hamlett, sales director at Bellway London, claimed phase one has already been popular with a “wide range of buyers” and she expects similar interest in phase two.
You may also want to watch:
Preserving the land's history as an RAF base during the two World Wars, RAF-inspired names have been chosen for many of the development's streets, she added.
- 1 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 4 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 5 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 6 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears
- 7 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place
- 8 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
- 9 Hornchurch pub licensing meeting postponed due to 'possibly prejudicial' email
- 10 Hornchurch man ‘lucky’ for rare disorder diagnosis, thanks to junior doctor