Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
- Credit: Ken Mears
The number of Covid patients being admitted to east London hospitals is rising, new figures show.
We looked at the latest government data - up to Tuesday, June 28 - for the NHS trusts serving Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Newham, Redbridge and Tower Hamlets.
Here is a snapshot of the confirmed Covid patient numbers and hospital admissions, compared with the previous week.
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals
There were 39 Covid patients in the trust's hospitals on Tuesday this week - the most on a single day in over a month.
That was roughly twice as many as the previous Tuesday - June 21 - when a combined total of 18 was recorded across the Queen's and King George hospitals.
On average, there were 31 Covid patients in hospital each day in the week ending Tuesday (June 28).
The average for the previous week was 18.
- 1 Kem Cetinay: Love Island star offers ‘deepest condolences’ after fatal motorcycle collision
- 2 'Totally gutted’: Hornchurch nightclub owner vows to appeal after opening hours extension refused
- 3 Romford World Naked Bike Ride: How protest sits at the heart of the nude cycle
- 4 Motorcyclist dies after collision with car on Shepherds Hill
- 5 ‘It winds me up’: Cleanliness of Romford’s South Street slammed
- 6 Hornchurch police station: No movement on purchase plan as assurances sought about station's future
- 7 Romford flooring company proposes disused shop as site for new three-storey building with six homes
- 8 Man dies after suffering gunshot injuries in Harold Hill
- 9 Ilford man charged with possession of knife after Romford nightclub search
- 10 Collier Row tearoom closes almost a year after opening
In the seven days up to last Sunday, June 26, a total of 25 Covid patients were admitted to hospital.
There were no Covid admissions reported in the previous week, ending June 19.
The trust reported 125 Covid patients across its five hospitals on Tuesday - the most on a single day in over seven weeks.
There was a combined total of 94 at the Royal London, Mile End, Newham, Whipps Cross and St Bartholomew's hospitals on the previous Tuesday (June 21).
On average, 113 beds were occupied by Covid patients each day across the hospitals in the week ending on June 28.
The average for the previous week was 83.
In the seven days up to last Sunday, June 26, a total of 106 Covid patients were admitted to the hospitals.
There were 63 Covid admissions in the previous week, ending June 19.