Update: Sixth arrest following killing of Michael Ugwa
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A sixth person has been arrested following the fatal stabbing of Rainham father-of-three Michael Ugwa.
So far, three people have been charged, two women released under investigation and a 23-year-old man released without charge.
Michael, 29, was subjected to an attack which led to his death at Lakeside shopping centre in Thurrock - on April 28.
Two men have been charged with murder and affray; 21-year-old Muhammad Khan, of no fixed address, Ilford, and Brandon Lutchmunsing, 19, of Grafton Way in Dagenham.
Twenty-year-old Shannon Weston, of Paddocks Close, Canewdon, was also charged, with assisting an offender.
On May 18, a 21-year-old woman from Woodford Green became the most recent person to be arrested, on suspicion of assisting an offender.
She has since been released under investigation.
- 1 Primark confirms 'incident' involving baby in Romford store
- 2 Man murdered two armed teenage boys who had been chasing him, court told
- 3 Application to build eight five-bed chalet bungalows in Havering-atte-Bower
- 4 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- 5 'Increased demand' to blame for overflowing Hornchurch bins, supermarket says
- 6 Previous 15% pay cut overridden for some top Havering politicians in restructure
- 7 'Feels like family': Romford school delights in Ofsted outcome
- 8 Romford sexual abuse victim feels 'truly alone' after paedophile given suspended sentence
- 9 Police investigate reports of disabled students' 'unexplained' injuries at college
- 10 Tensions simmer: Harold Hill school brands strike disruption as 'unacceptable' while NEU slams restructure as 'irresponsible'
Lutchmunsing and Weston have not yet entered any pleas with both remanded in custody until a plea hearing on July 1 at Basildon Crown Court.
Khan has been remanded into custody and no pleas have been entered. He is due to stand trial at Basildon Crown Court in April 2023.