Gidea Park event organiser postpones community festival to 2022
- Credit: Lise Campbell-Price
A Gidea Park woman, who was unable to hold a pop-up festival this summer, has set her sights on hosting a bigger event next year.
Due to delays finding space for the event, it was postponed.
Lise now aims to host the festival over four weeks in August 2022 and she hopes it will encourage people to shop and buy locally.
Facebook group RM3gether has been set up to encourage residents to take part.
As owner of events company Really Good Events, Lise will bring some “big names” to the occasion.
She said: “I thought it would be better to do a really good job rather than cobbling something together.
“During the pandemic we saw the community pull together and we want to continue that spirit.”
People interested in contributing to the event can email email@example.com.
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 3 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 4 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 5 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 6 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 7 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 8 Hornchurch man sentenced for child exploitation and animal porn
- 9 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid