Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- Credit: Lise Campbell-Price
A Gidea Park woman is organising a pop-up festival for next month.
Lise Campbell-Price said she wants the event to be "community-focused" and to bring local businesses together.
The mother-of-two told this paper: "I want to bring a community feel back to the area, and for people to reconnect after the past 16 months."
Lise, who owns her own events company, posted on a community Facebook group about her idea on Sunday (July 25), and has already received over 70 comments of support from local business and families.
"I've been thinking about it for a while, and I've already had such amazing feedback from the community," she added.
The Gidea Park resident, who moved back to the area four years ago, hopes to pull the event together by the end of August.
"This is my happy place," she added.
- 1 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 2 Fire crews free trapped driver after Hornchurch car crash
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 4 Woman 'slapped across face' in Brentwood restaurant
- 5 Company dismisses 'unscrupulous individuals' reportedly caught flytipping in Rainham
- 6 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 7 Confirmed: Rush Green Post Office set to move
- 8 Romford accountant pleads guilty to 'calculated' £160k tax fraud
- 9 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 10 Man dumps knife amid Hornchurch police chase
"Now I just need businesses to put their money where their mouth is, and make this happen."
Get involved by contacting Lise on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thereallygoodeventsco/