Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- Credit: Lise Campbell-Price
A Gidea Park woman is organising a pop-up festival for next month.
Lise Campbell-Price said she wants the event to be "community-focused" and to bring local businesses together.
The mother-of-two told this paper: "I want to bring a community feel back to the area, and for people to reconnect after the past 16 months."
Lise, who owns her own events company, posted on a community Facebook group about her idea on Sunday (July 25), and has already received over 70 comments of support from local business and families.
"I've been thinking about it for a while, and I've already had such amazing feedback from the community," she added.
The Gidea Park resident, who moved back to the area four years ago, hopes to pull the event together by the end of August.
"This is my happy place," she added.
- 1 Hornchurch ranked top place in UK for takeaway fish and chips, study finds
- 2 Several hectares of Rainham grassland destroyed in fire
- 3 Man threatened and robbed of iPhone and bank card at Romford station
- 4 Appeal to find missing girl, 16, with links to Romford
- 5 Launch events held for businesses targeted at the ‘more mature raver’
- 6 London among areas where drought is declared
- 7 'What about vulnerable people?’: Couple protest parking ticket from Gallows Corner Tesco after alleged ‘double dipping’ issue
- 8 Road closures in place after Romford flat fire
- 9 The Bitter End: Former Romford pub for sale again, with draft plan indicating it could be turned into 35 flats
- 10 ‘Great response’ in Romford at its inaugural World Naked Bike Ride event
"Now I just need businesses to put their money where their mouth is, and make this happen."
Get involved by contacting Lise on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thereallygoodeventsco/