Well travelled rock ‘n’ rollers squeeze in rare one off show
A rare gap in their summer European touring schedule means that popular rock’n’roll band Good Rockin’ Tonight are able to fit in a rare UK date at West Lodge, in Corbets Tey Road, Upminster, on Thursday, July 26.
Frontmen, vocalist Mark Keeley and John O’Malley on lead guitar and vocals, run a travel company called Holiday Rock, which takes fifties music fans to hotspots from the Canary Islands to Malta.
The band travels with them, and Mark and John book other compatible acts to provide a week or more of themed entertainment.
“We’ve played in Spain, Germany, Greece, Holland and Israel already this year,” said Mark, who teamed up with John, and singing bassist Jason King, and Dan Church on vocals and drums, 19 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
In that time they have regularly appeared on national television, not least on the much-watched Lottery show, and had a ten-minute spot on Where the Heart Is, in 2004.
Their most recent appearance was on High School Dance on E4.
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
Full-time professional musicians, they play every type of rock’n’roll, from the commercial to rockabilly, from three-part harmonised doo-wop to their original compositions.
They have supported many of today’s big name attractions, including Bill Haley’s original Comets, Marty Wilde, Buddy Holly’s Crickets, Freddie Starr and Joe Longthorne.
Good Rockin’ Tonight have appeared in most top venues, including the London and Coventry Hilton hotels, Chicago Rock Caf�, and most major holiday camps.
Mark said: “Although we have played all over the UK and most of Europe, I don’t think we have ever played in Upminster, so we are looking forward to our first appearance at Jiving at the Lodge.”
They have been recording throughout their career and have released 15 CDs to date, including a Christmas album.
The show runs from 8pm to midnight and admission is �8, which includes a free buffet.