Upminster teacher to celebrate business milestone with Pilates event
- Credit: AJP Photography
An Upminster-based Pilates teacher is celebrating the one-year anniversary of her business with an event in Whitechapel.
Established on July 22 in 2020, Pilates Core UK founder Kim Karlsson will be hosting Knees Up - a social get together with “free-flowing” prosecco and the chance to get fit with studio-based Pilates.
Due to undergoing spine surgery after the birth of her first child, which resulted in her giving up a career teaching dance, Kim wanted to share her knowledge to help others.
The mother-of-two found Pilates to be the best cure for her back pain.
The 35-year-old said: “I wanted something I could bring my friends to, who weren't necessarily Pilates heads - I didn't want them to be intimidated or bored by heavy anatomy talk."
You may also want to watch:
The event aims to be fun while showing people the “huge benefits” of Pilates and will be held in X+why's People’s Mission Hall in Whitechapel on July 22 from 6.15pm to 9pm.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould