Romford’s own Freddie Mercury returns for rare hometown show
- Credit: Archant
The music of Queen will come to life in Romford on Sunday, as the self-proclaimed best Freddie Mercury tribute act in Europe takes to the stage.
Gary Goodmaze, of Collier Rowe, will play a rare hometown performance at the Brookside Theatre, in Eastern Road, complete with trademark moustache and fist pumping.
The former comedian began his career as a comedian, before trying his hand as a blue coat performer at a Pontins holiday camp.
Performing as Freddie for 17 years, the singer has honed his tribute to the Queen frontman to near perfection and recently took his act to perform a memorial show in Switzerland.
At the end of the year Gary will travel to Freddie Mercury’s birthplace, Zanzibar, to play a show which he describes as a “dream come true”.
You may also want to watch:
Despite his frequent globetrotting, Gary says he’s excited to return home for a show.
“I have been lucky to play all around the world”, he said. “But it is so good to come and play the town you were born in and live in.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 7 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 8 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 Harold Wood protest against proposed Gallows Corner homes
The former blue coat will take to the Romford stage at 8pm. Tickets cost £12.50, visit brooksidetheatre.com.