New Romford horror film festival launching this June
- Credit: Horrhiffic/ Mercury Shopping Centre
A horror film festival is coming to Romford this June.
Breaking away from the annual Romford Film Festival for the first time, Premiere Cinemas in Romford will showcase over 60 scary movies on Saturday, June 5 and Sunday, June 6.
Festival director Spencer Hawken said he decided to host the Romford Horror Independent Film Festival (HorRHIFFic) due to the number of horror films submitted to the regular film festival.
He told this paper: “We get more horror films than any other genre.
“This way, horror fans can spend a whole weekend totally immersed in scary movies, and those that don’t want to watch them can enjoy the regular festival later in the summer.”
The Romford Film Festival will still take place from June 24 to June 28.
Spencer is manager of The Mercury Shopping Centre, where Premiere Cinemas is based.
- 1 Ex-councillor under investigation over Green Belt building works
- 2 Tributes paid to well-loved Romford market fruit-seller
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Campaigners launch petition to keep Emerson Park in Hornchurch constituency
- 5 Six green spaces to enjoy in Havering
- 6 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 7 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 8 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 9 Death of Daniel Laskos far from isolated as London teen killings surge
- 10 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
He added: “My dad would watch BBC Two horrors on Saturday nights, and I’d peer through the bannisters behind him, until one day he caught me and let me sit on the sofa with him.”
Festival highlights include Guns Akimbo, starring Harry Potter’s Daniel Radcliffe, and locally-made short film The House At The End, a black and white silent horror about a demonic residence.
Tickets are available at www.romfordfilmfestival.com.