Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- Credit: Archant
A Romford theatre has announced plans to reopen on May 31 with restricted capacity and social distancing.
Brookside Theatre will open with The Tale of Peter Rabbit, a new "musical adventure" for young children and families, and tribute shows throughout the summer including The Wizard of Oz, Hairspray, The Story of the Beatles and Michael Jackson the Legacy.
The Eastern Road theatre also recently renovated its foyer, kiosk and toilets to prepare for the reopening, and is fundraising to replace the building's rotting windows.
Theatre founder and artistic director Jai Sepple thanked people for their "kind" donations and said he is pleased they can "look to a bright future".
He said: "We cannot wait to open our doors once again.
"It has been a long journey through a truly difficult year but we are finally looking forward to welcoming back friends and patrons with a renewed confidence and appetite for live performance."
You may also want to watch:
Romford MP Andrew Rosindell also praised the work of people who helped to prepare the theatre to reopen.
He added: "The Brookside Theatre is an incredible asset to Romford and our community and truly deserves our collective support.
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
"I wish them every success with their future."
For more information on productions and to book tickets, visit www.brooksidetheatre.com