Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- Credit: Archant
A Romford theatre has announced plans to reopen on May 31 with restricted capacity and social distancing.
Brookside Theatre will open with The Tale of Peter Rabbit, a new "musical adventure" for young children and families, and tribute shows throughout the summer including The Wizard of Oz, Hairspray, The Story of the Beatles and Michael Jackson the Legacy.
The Eastern Road theatre also recently renovated its foyer, kiosk and toilets to prepare for the reopening, and is fundraising to replace the building's rotting windows.
Theatre founder and artistic director Jai Sepple thanked people for their "kind" donations and said he is pleased they can "look to a bright future".
He said: "We cannot wait to open our doors once again.
"It has been a long journey through a truly difficult year but we are finally looking forward to welcoming back friends and patrons with a renewed confidence and appetite for live performance."
You may also want to watch:
Romford MP Andrew Rosindell also praised the work of people who helped to prepare the theatre to reopen.
He added: "The Brookside Theatre is an incredible asset to Romford and our community and truly deserves our collective support.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 8 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
- 9 Wanstead and Havering residents 'make noise' for proportional representation
- 10 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
"I wish them every success with their future."
For more information on productions and to book tickets, visit www.brooksidetheatre.com