Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- Credit: Queen's Theatre Hornchurch
Music from Essex artists will feature in a newly announced jukebox musical at a Romford theatre.
Queen’s Theatre Hornchurch said its summer musical Love Letters will include hits ranging from the 1960s to today from Essex artists.
These include songs from singer and activist Billy Bragg, who was born in Barking; X Factor star Olly Murs from Witham; and Nobody’s Perfect singer Jessie J from Chadwell Heath.
The show’s premise is about an unposted love letter which is meant to be sent between a passionate young couple dating but gets delivered 16 years later.
The theatre’s artistic director Douglas Rintoul is behind the show, which is part of the Queen’s Theatre’s Essex on Stage programme, a two-year project sponsored by The Clothworkers’ Foundation.
You may also want to watch:
It seeks to champion positive notions of Essex, celebrate theatre made by working-class people and raise aspirations for emerging artists from Essex and outer east London.
Tickets to Love Letters can be bought at Queen's Theatre's website or through the Box Office on 01708 44333.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 8 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
- 9 Wanstead and Havering residents 'make noise' for proportional representation
- 10 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner