New talent set to be joined by top London musicians at Queen’s Theatre
Rising star Sumudu sings a stunning selection of country and pop classics at the Queen’s on Sunday November 27 at 7.30pm.
This remarkable singer-songwriter and her band promise well-known country classics and pop favourites by The Carpenters, Carol King and James Taylor as well as songs from her debut album Waiting for You.
Swapping a medical career for her musical passion, Sumudu hasn’t looked back.
She has performed with musical luminaries Elvis Costello, Burt Bacharach, Dionne Warwick and Sir Bob Geldof, and BBC Radio are comparing her to legends such as Eva Cassidy, Karen Carpenter and Alison Krauss.
Fresh from completing a UK tour, the raven-haired beauty of Sri Lankan heritage has also performed at BBC Proms, the Royal Albert Hall, Queen Elizabeth Hall and the Acoustic Festival of Britain.
You may also want to watch:
Her vocal brilliance was discovered by Grammy Award-winning producer Kipper, who has worked with Sting and James Taylor.
He tracked her down after hearing her voice on a soundtrack he and Sting were working on and offered to produce Waiting for You.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 3 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 4 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 7 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 8 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 9 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 10 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
Joining Sumudu on stage will be three of London’s best musicians – boasting a wealth of experience between them having performed in some of the West End’s hottest shows, at the legendary Ronnie Scotts and alongside Katherine Jenkins and Diana Krall. They are Mez Clough on drums and percussion, Dan Drury on bass and Jo Watts on violin.
Tickets are �10, or �8 for those who have booked three or more Music in the Foyer shows, from 01708 443333 or by visiting www.queens-theatre.co.uk