Free musical to be performed in Romford centre
- Credit: Patrick O'Sullivan
A new street musical will be on show at three locations in the centre of Romford.
Love Birds – A Pigeon Tale will be performed by professional actors and a community choir for free on September 12 at The Brewery (11.30 am), The Liberty Shopping Centre (1pm) and Romford Market Place (2.30pm).
The Two Left Feet Theatre Company production has been commissioned by Havering Changing as part of Romford’s Big Summer of Outdoor Arts.
It follows a street pigeon called Bessy on her quest to find a "Romford hunk" to marry.
The new show is written and directed by former Queen's Theatre Hornchurch education and outreach manager/associate director, Patrick O’Sullivan, with music by Steven Markwick.
You may also want to watch:
The small cast is formed of Grace Firth, Melker Nilsson and Liam Scarth.
Organisers said the show is suitable for the whole family and involves "lots of audience participation".
The company is also joined by a community choir made up of Romford locals.
- 1 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 4 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 5 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 6 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 7 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 8 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 9 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 10 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
There is no need to book in advance - people are invited to turn up and enjoy the shows.