Wagamama to open in Romford, 'revolutionising' centre as 'key destination point'
- Credit: PA
A popular restaurant inspired by the flavours of Japan will open in a Romford shopping centre following a public vote.
The Brewery has announced Wagamama will open in autumn this year and will take over the former Sleep.8’s 3,620sqft unit.
Wagamama’s menu includes dishes such as chilli chicken ramen, miso-glazed cod ramen and firecracker chicken and it also offers a range of vegan and vegetarian options.
This comes after The Brewery held a survey to ask members of the public which restaurant they wanted to open in Romford.
According to the centre around 100 people completed the survey and the winning eatery was Wagamama.
A spokesperson for The Brewery said: “When asked what new tenant they would like to see come to the centre, over 80 per cent of responders stated Wagamama would be their first choice for new restaurant.
"The highly requested restaurant will revolutionise the centre, strengthening its profile as a key destination point.
- 1 Man dies after suffering gunshot injuries in Harold Hill
- 2 'Team effort' makes Romford school uniform event a success
- 3 Turtle Bay to open in Romford to bring 'magic of the Caribbean' to town
- 4 Emmanuel Odunlami: Two more men charged after stabbing of Romford father
- 5 'Contribute to housing stock': Application to bulldoze bungalow to build two homes
- 6 Man charged with attempted murder after 23-year-old stabbed in Hornchurch
- 7 'Outstanding'-rated Romford nursery granted approval for extension to create ‘beautiful new space’
- 8 Trio bailed after man's Rolex watch reported stolen
- 9 Wildlife photographer captures Havering deer as part of photo series
- 10 No service to be on London Overground due to strikes
“We are elated to be able to fulfil our community's wants and offer somewhere new to dine.”