Captain Tom Hornchurch: 'Perfect place for a girls night out'
- Credit: Mandeep Kaur Walia
A new Hornchurch seafood restaurant has received rave reviews from an early diner.
Gidea Park resident Mandeep Kaur Walia visited the restaurant on its opening day and said she was "very impressed".
Mandeep told the Recorder: "It was a really different setting, there's nothing like it in the area. We don't have a blend of a chippy with a restaurant.
"It offered really classy dining and posh food, with something for everyone."
The mother-of-two praised the "very accommodating" takeaway and children's menus, commenting that her six-year-old son "really liked the ships".
"The aesthetic really hit the mark and the staff are so friendly", she added.
"It's the perfect place for a family dinner or girls night out."
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 5 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 6 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 7 Hornchurch man sentenced for child exploitation and animal porn
- 8 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 9 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 10 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement
Civil servant Mandeep tried the takeaway fish and chips at home, but said she is looking forward to booking a meal at the restaurant with her girlfriends soon.