Waffle company's fascia plan throws light on possibility of new Collier Row opening
- Credit: Google
Collier Row’s sweet-toothed residents could be treated to a new dessert bar.
Bhai’s Waffles, which currently sells desserts through online food delivery services, is seeking planning permission for an “illuminated fascia sign” at 50A Collier Row Road.
The address was previously occupied by Vapeandecigstore, but according to designs submitted along with the application, it could soon be Bhai’s Dessert Bar.
According to text on the fascia design submitted, the dessert bar would sell sweet treats such as gelato, waffles, brownies, doughnuts, churros, pop, popcorn and crepes.
The company wants to install a “cinema-style” light box to advertise the bar, while the rest of the existing shopfront will be retained and repainted.
According to its JustEat listing, Bhai’s Waffles is currently based in Stockland Road, Romford, and sells a variety of sweet products including waffles, cheesecakes, cookie dough bakes and sundaes.
The applicant was approached for comment.
- 1 Property spotlight: Property prices rocket around Premier League team's training ground
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 5 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 6 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 Zouma brothers to face the courts amid animal abuse allegations
- 8 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 9 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 10 'Crucial' consultation begins on proposed changes to Lower Thames Crossing project
View the application using planning reference A0005.22.