'We want to help’: Romford restaurant organises day to support Ukraine
- Credit: Remzi Erdogan
The Romford-based Turkish restaurant Mangal Meze is hosting a "support for Ukraine" day in an effort to help civilians affected by the war.
On May 5, the South Street restaurant will be offering a three-course set menu at £30 per person, with three sittings from 2pm to 11pm.
Money will be raised for the Ukraine effort via a combination of items on sale, such as lapel pins, a collection box, a raffle and Mangal Meze donating 25 per cent of the day’s takings.
All of the money will go to the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) appeal.
Remzi Erdogan, director of Mangal Meze, said the day is a way for the restaurant to support the civilians in Ukraine.
He said: “A lot of children and a lot of people cannot eat because of the war, and a lot of parents are losing their kids. We want to help them.”
Co-organised with Artistic Design, which is doing the advertising, Remzi said the day is also a reminder against complacency to the impact of warfare.
- 1 Property spotlight: Property prices rocket around Premier League team's training ground
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 'Crucial' consultation begins on proposed changes to Lower Thames Crossing project
- 5 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 6 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 7 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Here are five top-rated delicious 'cheap eats' in Havering, according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 10 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
"Someday, it could happen to us as well.”
To book a table, do so by either calling or online.