Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- Credit: Solly Ahmed
A Romford restaurant is celebrating after realising it is Havering’s top-rated curry house on an online customer review platform.
Bekash Tandoori restaurant has a 4.5 star average from 569 Tripadvisor reviews - the highest score of curry houses listed in the borough on that platform.
The restaurant has 431 excellent reviews and a customer posted a glowing review last week.
The review said: “Superb food and service every time I have a meal from this restaurant food delicious (sic) and service is second to none (sic) Solly is the perfect host and one of the nicest people you could meet along with his staff.”
Manager Solly Ahmed said it was a great success and showed the support of local customers.
You may also want to watch:
He told the Recorder: “We are a community-based restaurant, and I want to thank everyone who voted for us.
“Reviews make so much difference for us, and we encourage our customers to leave a review when they enjoy our food."
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
Solly was alerted to the restaurant's ranking after spotting it in a news listicle published in MyLondon.
The proud owner fondly remembered visiting Buckingham Palace in 2007 for a hospitality industry reception, where he said he spoke to the Queen and her late husband, the Duke of Edinburgh, who died on Friday.