Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- Credit: Solly Ahmed
A Romford restaurant is celebrating after realising it is Havering’s top-rated curry house on an online customer review platform.
Bekash Tandoori restaurant has a 4.5 star average from 569 Tripadvisor reviews - the highest score of curry houses listed in the borough on that platform.
The restaurant has 431 excellent reviews and a customer posted a glowing review last week.
The review said: “Superb food and service every time I have a meal from this restaurant food delicious (sic) and service is second to none (sic) Solly is the perfect host and one of the nicest people you could meet along with his staff.”
Manager Solly Ahmed said it was a great success and showed the support of local customers.
You may also want to watch:
He told the Recorder: “We are a community-based restaurant, and I want to thank everyone who voted for us.
“Reviews make so much difference for us, and we encourage our customers to leave a review when they enjoy our food."
- 1 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 2 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 3 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 4 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 5 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 6 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 7 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 10 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
Solly was alerted to the restaurant's ranking after spotting it in a news listicle published in MyLondon.
The proud owner fondly remembered visiting Buckingham Palace in 2007 for a hospitality industry reception, where he said he spoke to the Queen and her late husband, the Duke of Edinburgh, who died on Friday.