Things to do in Havering this weekend
- Credit: PA
If you’re not sure how to spend your weekend, take a look at our round-up below to discover five things to do in Romford.
From a family game of bingo to walking in the wilderness of a country park, here is a list of events and things to do this weekend.
Attend a live singing performance
The Harold Wood Royal British Legion has organised for singer Sarah Peterson to put on a live performance from 8pm until 11pm on July 3.
The venue hosts live entertainment every Saturday – to attend, contact the venue to book a table.
You may also want to watch:
Membership at the club is available to over 18s and costs £10 a year plus £19 for the Royal British Legion membership.
Play a game of bingo
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 3 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
Throughout the weekend you can attend bingo sessions at Mecca Bingo in The Mercury Shopping Centre.
Choose between playing the classic paper game or opt to play the "Mecca max" way, which uses touch-screen devices instead of paper.
There is an on-site bar and café along with electronic gaming machines.
Take part in a composting workshop
Join Thames Chase’s Havering waste and recycling team for its composting workshop on July 3 from 10am until 12pm at the Forest Centre in Upminster.
During the “relaxed” and “informal” workshop you will learn about compost systems, wormeries and much more.
Walk with Havering's Essex Wildlife Trust group
On July 3, a group will be meeting at Westley Heights country park at 10.30am to go for a two-hour walk, which will include walking through ancient woodland, flower-rich grassland meadows and the opportunity to spot the birds and butterflies native to the area.
To take part, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07413 649006.
Watch the Euros
At Atik nightclub in Romford, the Euro 2020 England vs Ukraine quarter final game will be shown on what it says is “Romford’s biggest screen”.
Doors open at 6pm and should you stay until later that evening, at 10.30pm you can pay £30 to attend its “pub in a club” where you can drink indoors with music and a closing time of 3am.