Upminster activity centre unveils new attractions
- Credit: Stubbers Adventure Centre
A new adventure play park and artificial cave system are set to open in Upminster this April.
Stubbers Adventure Centre has created The Giant Adventure Play Park, adding to its long list of outdoor activities including climbing, archery and paddleboarding.
Supported by Veolia Environmental Trust with a £1million grant from its Landfill Communities Fund, Stubbers has also added the Woodland Discovery Trail around the park’s green grounds.
Covid-19 restrictions saw the adventure centre close for much of 2020, so staff were able to improve facilities across the 130-acre park.
Managing director Bob Edwards said: “The park looks amazing and we can’t wait to welcome families back in April.
You may also want to watch:
“After such a difficult 2020, everyone is in desperate need of some adventure back in their lives and we are delighted to be able to offer our new facilities to the general public.”
The park opens on Saturday, April 3, and will be open seven days a week from 9am to 7pm.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell