Upminster activity centre unveils new attractions
- Credit: Stubbers Adventure Centre
A new adventure play park and artificial cave system are set to open in Upminster this April.
Stubbers Adventure Centre has created The Giant Adventure Play Park, adding to its long list of outdoor activities including climbing, archery and paddleboarding.
Supported by Veolia Environmental Trust with a £1million grant from its Landfill Communities Fund, Stubbers has also added the Woodland Discovery Trail around the park’s green grounds.
Covid-19 restrictions saw the adventure centre close for much of 2020, so staff were able to improve facilities across the 130-acre park.
Managing director Bob Edwards said: “The park looks amazing and we can’t wait to welcome families back in April.
You may also want to watch:
“After such a difficult 2020, everyone is in desperate need of some adventure back in their lives and we are delighted to be able to offer our new facilities to the general public.”
The park opens on Saturday, April 3, and will be open seven days a week from 9am to 7pm.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 2 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 7 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 8 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 9 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 10 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'