New choir to bring ‘a little West End’ to Romford this Christmas
- Credit: Singcerity Choir
A choir led by a former leading lady promises to bring “a little West End” to Romford.
The Singcerity Choir, led by Tabitha Webb, will perform a Christmas Concert at the Romford Baptist Church on December 9, with doors opening at 7.30pm.
Forty-year-old Tabitha began her singing career at 16 after winning the BBC Choir Girl of the Year competition and has since performed at the Royal Albert Hall and as a West End leading lady in The Phantom of the Opera and Les Misérables.
Forming in September, Tabitha said she “didn’t expect the immense response” received from people wanting to join the choir.
Lending her exhaustive expertise to the currently 80-strong group, Tabitha will be conducting and singing on the evening.
Also performing on the night will be West End soloist Sophia Ragavelas, who performed with Tabitha at the Royal Albert Hall eight years ago.
Tabitha said the choir will bring “a little West End to Romford”.
- 1 Apology issued after NHS nurse 'was failed by short-staffed Queen's Hospital maternity ward'
- 2 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 3 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
- 4 13 flats and three commercial units in new four-storey block approved for Romford town centre
- 5 Hornchurch man given three-year football banning order for Nazi salutes
- 6 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 7 'He fought for life': Boxing match to help disabled five-year-old continue his passion
- 8 Another dispersal order in Elm Park amid youth ASB crackdown
- 9 Police chief hopes to introduce Romford town centre team ‘as soon as possible’
- 10 Queen’s Theatre only site in London to receive Grade-II listing for Platinum Jubilee
She added that the choir members sing “from the depths of their hearts music that touches and transforms people to somewhere else”.
Tickets (£6) can be brought here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/singcerity-choir-christmas-concert-tickets-209719144607
Enquiries to join the choir can be sent via its Facebook page.