New choir to bring ‘a little West End’ to Romford this Christmas
- Credit: Singcerity Choir
A choir led by a former leading lady promises to bring “a little West End” to Romford.
The Singcerity Choir, led by Tabitha Webb, will perform a Christmas Concert at the Romford Baptist Church on December 9, with doors opening at 7.30pm.
Forty-year-old Tabitha began her singing career at 16 after winning the BBC Choir Girl of the Year competition and has since performed at the Royal Albert Hall and as a West End leading lady in The Phantom of the Opera and Les Misérables.
Forming in September, Tabitha said she “didn’t expect the immense response” received from people wanting to join the choir.
Lending her exhaustive expertise to the currently 80-strong group, Tabitha will be conducting and singing on the evening.
Also performing on the night will be West End soloist Sophia Ragavelas, who performed with Tabitha at the Royal Albert Hall eight years ago.
Tabitha said the choir will bring “a little West End to Romford”.
- 1 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 2 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Hornchurch man sentenced for child exploitation and animal porn
- 5 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 6 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 7 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 8 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 9 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 10 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid
She added that the choir members sing “from the depths of their hearts music that touches and transforms people to somewhere else”.
Tickets (£6) can be brought here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/singcerity-choir-christmas-concert-tickets-209719144607
Enquiries to join the choir can be sent via its Facebook page.