Four unique Christmas markets in east London to check out
- Credit: Rob Harris / Bow Arts
Looking to do some Christmas shopping while enjoying a day - or evening - out?
Festive markets will be offering stalls with unique gift ideas, other activities and, of course, mulled wine over the next month.
Here are some of the most unique markets in east London, each offering something a little different:
The Festive Fair Night Time Market
When: Every Thursday from November 25, 5pm - 9pm
Where: Hackney Bridge, Echo Building, E Bay Lane, E15 2SJ
Hackney Bridge's Thursday markets at the new east London culture and culinary hub are the perfect place for picking up unique gifts, Christmas decorations and more, while enjoying some mulled wine.
Christmas trees will also be on sale every Thursday to Sunday from November 25. And if you can’t do evenings, there's also an outdoor weekend market every Saturday from 9am to 4pm.
Christmas Graphic Art Fair
When: Saturday and Sunday, December 4 and 5, 10am-7pm
Where: Protein Studios, 31 New Inn Yard, Shoreditch
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 5 Hornchurch man sentenced for child exploitation and animal porn
- 6 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 7 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 8 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 9 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 10 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement
Online shop They Made This, which sells affordable artworks by many of the world’s top graphic artists and designers, is hosting an arts fair in Shoreditch.
It offers limited edition art from 50 talented contemporary graphic artists. Marketgoers can even try their hand at screen-printing workshops, commission their own unique artwork from resident artists, or win a prize from a tombola.
Bow Arts' Winter Market
When: Sunday, December 5, 11am – 4pm
Where: Bow Arts Courtyard, 183 Bow Road, E3 2SJ
This annual winter market offers locally-made gifts and artworks - such as ceramic vases, printed t-shirts, handmade jewellery and original prints - from some of Bow's community of artists, makers and designers.
There will be around 25 stalls to browse and delicious treats from Bow Arts’ Nunnery Cafe. A free, drop-in art workshop will also give families and kids a chance to get creative, using a range of tools to print their own unique handmade wrapping paper.
South Woodford Christmas Market
When: Sunday, December 19, 11am - 4pm
Where: George Lane, South Woodford E18 1AY
South Woodford Society will host a Christmas special of its monthly market, with stalls selling food, festive treats, presents and decorations.
Santa will be on hand as well as some craft stalls to keep children entertained - plus mulled wine for the adults. The market is held in George Lane between Boots and International Supermarket.