West Ham greats do their charity bit for Great Ormond Street
A team of Hammers legends took to the turf at Upton Park again on Monday night to raise money for charity.
A team of West Ham legends helped raise funds for the Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s charity.
Hundreds of supporters descended on Upton Park to watch the legends team, managed by Tony Cottee, defeat a team from the charity 6-3 on Monday night.
Fans got the chance to watch the likes of Julian Dicks, Steve Potts, Stuart Slater, Don Hutchison, Ian Pearce, George Parris, Nigel Winterburn and Kevin Keen don the claret and blue once again in the fundraiser.
On the event, manager for the night Cottee said: “Some good friends of mine asked me to put a team together to play at Upton Park and I am pleased to say I managed to get 15 of the lads together, which I must say wasn’t too hard because all the boys try to do their best for charity and good causes.
“Don Hutchison looks exactly as he did as a player and Dicksy looks exactly the same as well and Stevie Potts is another who doesn’t seem to age or look different.”
The West Ham team (pictured) were: Back Row (left to right) Tony Hoskins (organiser Jeff’s right-hand man), Tony Cottee, Don Hutchison, Paul Allen, Allan McKnight, Julian Dicks, Nigel Winterburn, George Parris, Ian Pearce, Jeff Garner. Front row: Kevin Keen, Mark Ward, Mark Robson, Kenny Brown, Stuart Slater, Keith Rowland, Geoff Pike, Steve Potts.
- 1 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 2 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 4 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 5 'Pupils love coming here': Romford primary school retains 'good' rating
- 6 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 7 Tribute paid to father one year after death in council hostel
- 8 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election
- 9 Plans to convert hotel into housing rejected despite residents' support
- 10 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
Picture: Steve Bacon.