Wealdstone sign former Dagenham & Redbridge defender Andrew Eleftheriou
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Wealdstone have signed right-back Andrew Eleftheriou from National League rivals Dagenham & Redbridge following the expiration of his contract.
The 23-year-old joins following two seasons for the Daggers where he has been in and out of the team throughout that spell.
The former Watford academy product featured 19 times last season for Daryl McMahon's side and found the net once.
That following on from playing 19 times the season before under Peter Taylor and then McMahon at Dagenham.
The full-back made his first-team debut in The Hornets 5-0 defeat against Manchester City at the end of the 2016/17 season as he came on as a 39th-minute substitute for Daryl Janmaat.
You may also want to watch:
The youngster then gained experience overseas when he joined Norweigan Elisteserien side Sandefjord on loan in March, 2018.
Eleftheriou went on to make four appearances for the club and then returned to Watford ahead of the 2018/19 season.
- 1 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 2 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 3 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 4 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 5 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 6 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 7 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 8 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 9 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 10 Harold Hill man to be sentenced for ATM robberies
He then joined National League side Braintree Town on loan in January last season until the end of the campaign.
The defender played 18 times for the Iron as they were relegated from the division before he was released by Watford.
Eleftheriou then joined Dagenham & Redbridge in July, 2019 and spent two seasons at the club.