Wealdstone sign former Dagenham & Redbridge defender Andrew Eleftheriou
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Wealdstone have signed right-back Andrew Eleftheriou from National League rivals Dagenham & Redbridge following the expiration of his contract.
The 23-year-old joins following two seasons for the Daggers where he has been in and out of the team throughout that spell.
The former Watford academy product featured 19 times last season for Daryl McMahon's side and found the net once.
That following on from playing 19 times the season before under Peter Taylor and then McMahon at Dagenham.
The full-back made his first-team debut in The Hornets 5-0 defeat against Manchester City at the end of the 2016/17 season as he came on as a 39th-minute substitute for Daryl Janmaat.
The youngster then gained experience overseas when he joined Norweigan Elisteserien side Sandefjord on loan in March, 2018.
Eleftheriou went on to make four appearances for the club and then returned to Watford ahead of the 2018/19 season.
- 1 Man stabbed in head in reported Hornchurch robbery
- 2 Nude cycle ride supporting cyclists' safety and body positivity to come to Romford
- 3 Jailed: Woman raped by two men in 'depraved' set-up
- 4 Local election 2022: HRA and Labour form new Havering administration
- 5 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 6 'Transformational’: What is the Elizabeth line and what does it mean for Havering?
- 7 Met Police reportedly 'scrutinising CCTV' in Havering electoral fraud investigation
- 8 'Redundant’ Hornchurch office space being eyed for new one-bedroom home
- 9 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 10 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
He then joined National League side Braintree Town on loan in January last season until the end of the campaign.
The defender played 18 times for the Iron as they were relegated from the division before he was released by Watford.
Eleftheriou then joined Dagenham & Redbridge in July, 2019 and spent two seasons at the club.