VICTOR’S VIEW: Grant still odds-on for the sack
Betting guru Victor Chandler goes through this week’s best bets for West Ham, Orient and the Daggers
THE goings on at Upton Park have more twists and turns than a top thriller, and it now seems that Avram Grant could keep his job after all.
I’m not sure whether most West Ham fans will relish this prospect and we tend to agree.
We still make Grant a 1/2 shot to not see out the season, and 6/4 that he does. If you think he’ll be the next Premier League manager to get the boot then please take our even money price.
The Hammers go to Everton on Saturday and I wouldn’t recommend them at 11/2 to anyone. In fact, I think Everton are nailed on for this one at 1/2. I just cannot see West Ham getting a look in.
You may also want to watch:
It’s also difficult to back the Daggers (7/4) or the O’s (13/8) to win despite them both being at home, as they play the MK Dons and Sheffield Wednesday respectively.
The draw in both matches does appeal though and you’ll get a profit if one comes in.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
The Daggers by the way are 2/5 to get relegated and 7/4 to stay up. I’d have a bit of interest in the 7/4. John Still’s lads will be fighting all the way.
All these odds are available online at www.victorchandler.com