Upminster captain Ison bolsters squad with signing of Australian Arnel
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Upminster Cricket Club have announced the signing of Australian all-rounder Tim Arnel ahead of the 2020 season.
Arnel plays his A Grade cricket for Numurkah in Melbourne and should help bolster captain Alan Ison's squad for the new season.
He can boast best figures of 10/25, which were the best figures in Australia for the 2018/19 season.
The combative all-rounder also had a highest score of 107 and will prove to be a great asset with bat and ball.
Captain Alan Ison said: "Tim will be an excellent addition to UCC. An all rounder who can contribute with bat and ball is a big bonus for a player.
You may also want to watch:
"Tim is already here in the UK and been to our net sessions and fitted in very well and is looking forward to the season ahead."
Upminster will be hoping Arnel can help them enjoy better fortunes this season in the Shepherd Neame Essex Division One after going close to relegation last campaign.
- 1 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 2 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 5 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 6 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week