The Gold Standard: Lorne Sprigg
- Credit: Archant
Nick Ison’s latest blog from Upminster CC
Lorne Sprigg starred for Upminster as an overseas player and kindly answered some questions about his time with the club.
What did you enjoy most about playing at Upminster CC?
Upminster has this amazing infectious family feel to the whole club and I just loved playing for the club.
The people are just terrific and continue to be.
You may also want to watch:
What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?
We had a number of these parties at the club when I played and I always went as a Aussie rules player.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 7 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 8 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
Who was your favourite Upminster player to play with, and why?
It’s hard to select one individual. Though the one individual who I simply admired for his determination and vision was Ollie Peck.
Ollie has a winners quality that demands excellence and he has this terrific ability to lead.
Upminster began to believe they could win when Ollie took on the captaincy.
You are hosting Come Dine With Me. You can choose four guests, two from Upminster Cricket Club and two celebrities. Who would you choose?
Ha Ha, this would be a party.
The first two would be my great friends Will Sissen and Jeff Mack.
The two celebrities would be Ricky Gervais and Mickey Flanagan to have the laughs.
Who is the funniest in the changing room?
Hands down the great man Shafiq Rahman. He always made everyone laugh.
The Caribbean with the missus or a Devon tour with Upminster CC?
I don’t know if I can say the Devon tour as my wife would expect the Caribbean!
But I will go with Devon.
Why? Watching Ollie Peck and Paul Middlemiss take on locals in drinking games was some of the funniest moments.
And finally, who is the longest in the shower?
Mike Rath hands down.