Romford’s Team Falcon fighter Worsfold defends European title
- Credit: Archant
Romford-based Team Falcon saw Sarah Worsfold defend her European title at the O2 Arena on Saturday.
Having won the belt in July when beating Greek champion Ioanna Karpouzli, UK number one Worsfold faced Swedish Muay Thai champion Erica Bjornstrand.
Standing over six feet, she was the tallest opponent Worsfold has faced and the bout was a great technical display from both fighters.
The action went back and forth, but Worsfold was getting the better of the early round and landed a spinning backfist to send a surprised Bjornstrand to the canvas.
No standing count was given, but Worsfold put her rival down again in the third with a powerful side kick.
You may also want to watch:
By the fourth round, the fight was becoming intense and Bjornstrand had her best round in the fifth, but it was too late as Worsfold retained her title to move to 32-4.
Worsfold will look to go up another level and take on the best light-welterweights in the world in the new year.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 7 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 8 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?