Tatum to turn out at Rico Classic
- Credit: Rob Newell/TGSPHOTO
Veteran to return to action at Lakeside Hammers
Speedway’s top TV pundit and former Arena Essex star Kelvin Tatum will be making a track return for Lee’s All Stars in the Rico Spring Classic season opener, which takes place at the Arena Essex Raceway on Friday March 20.
Tatum last rode for the Hammers in 2004 and will be joining this season’s Vortex Hammers squad for pre-season training as part of his preparation.
Vortex Hammers Co-promoter Jon Cook said: “It’s an enormous boost to the event for Kelvin to make a full return in the meeting proper.
“I’d been tipped off by Martin Hagon that he’d been doing some engine testing and was back on a bike and it didn’t take too much persuading to get him back for one night only at the home of the Hammers.”
You may also want to watch:
Tatum added: “I’ve enjoyed being back on a bike and the opportunity to ride in such a worthwhile meeting remembering Lee Richardson, at a track that holds fond memories, was too good to miss.”
Two more former Hammers will also be joining the evening’s fun, with Richie Worrall and Ben Morley joining the All Stars line-up.
- 1 'Foul odour': Neighbours call for action over worsening sewage stench
- 2 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 3 Home owner ordered to pay £4,726 to remove overflowing rubbish
- 4 Patient gets £12k in out-of-court settlement with Romford dental practice
- 5 Pupils equipped for 'medical emergencies' after winning first aid classes
- 6 Heritage: Tragedy at the Upminster sewage works
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 People in hospital after Collier Row collision
- 9 Partner: Romford shooting verdict 'brushes police errors under the carpet'
- 10 Volunteer on using video skills to help hospice
Worrall was a team-mate of Richardson’s in the 2012 team and, like Morley, was a firm fans’ favourite in what was his debut season in the Elite League.