School Sport: St Martin’s reach regional finals
- Credit: Archant
Students from St Martin’s School in Hutton were celebrating after reaching the regional finals of the English School’s Cross-Country Cup.
Competing at Campion School against a strong field of runners from Essex, they saw Matthew Blacklock finish second in the inter boys’ race as Daniel Houchell came home in sixth.
The junior girls’ team of Sophie Wilson, Anelia King, Abigail Swan and Isobel Calabritto ran exceptionally well to progress with Coopers to the next round in Ipswich on November 10.
Head of girls’ PE Lynne Swan said: “I am very proud of all our runners.
“The junior girls’ team stuck together brilliantly, coming in eighth, ninth, 11th and 14th and their team total was 24 points clear of the third-placed team.
You may also want to watch:
“What is very encouraging is that three of our top four runners are in year seven, which bodes extremely well for the future. I am delighted.”
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations