School Sport: St Martin’s pupils jumping for joy
- Credit: Archant
St Martin’s pupils were jumping for joy after success at the East Region Schools’ Trampolining competition in Hatfield.
Year nine Jared Smith won gold in the under-14 elite boys’ event after an exceptional performance.
And year seven duo Amber Goldstone and Paige Moroney took gold and bronze in the under-13 girls’ novice category, as year eights Eve Page and Emily Hillwood finished ninth and 25th.
The under-13 girls were clear winners of the team competition and, along with Smith, qualify for the next round in January.
Head of girls’ PE Lynne Swan thanked former pupil Monica Dowling for coaching on the day and the parents for their fantastic support.
You may also want to watch:
Swan said: “It was the first trampolining competition for our four girls and they really enjoyed representing their school in this event.
“Jared has worked exceptionally hard in training for many years and to be first in an elite section is hugely impressive. They all thoroughly deserve their success.”
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 8 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage