British Speedway Quiz Night to support Riders’ Benevolent Fund
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The next British Speedway Quiz Night will be proudly supporting the Speedway Riders’ Benevolent Fund on Friday June 5 (8.30pm).
The fund assists the sport’s racers who have become seriously injured, been forced into long-term sickness from their work or whose lives have been devastated as a result of accidents whilst racing for their British-based teams.
British Speedway Quiz Night has proved popular since launching at the start of the UK’s lockdown period during the coronavirus pandemic – and is now preparing for its eighth instalment.
And while it will remain free to play, supporters will have the opportunity to donate to what is such an important cause.
Ben Fund chief Paul Ackroyd said: “We were thrilled when we heard the British Speedway Quiz Night wanted to support the Speedway Riders’ Benevolent Fund.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great opportunity for us to remind everyone of the work we do and why it’s so important.
“Normally we would’ve had a fair few collections at this point of the year but with no racing currently taking place, we have been unable to raise the same amounts of money.
- 1 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 2 Seventh person arrested in connection with fatal stabbing in Harold Wood
- 3 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 4 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 5 New care unit for over 75s opens at Queen's Hospital in Romford
- 6 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 7 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 8 Former Sanders student Muldoon says it's extra special to be going to Wembley with Hornchurch
- 9 Romford Bowling Club celebrates reopening with Andrew Rosindell MP
- 10 Sensory room in Harold Hill school gets new mural
“Ok we may not have our usual expenditure as the lack of racing means very limited injuries, but we do have certain ongoing commitments to some riders.
“I know these are tough times for a lot of people right now, but if anyone playing along with next Friday’s quiz can afford to donate then it goes without saying that it would be hugely appreciated.
“We would like to thank everyone involved with the British Speedway Quiz Nights for their proposal in supporting us next week.”
British Speedway Quiz Night 8 will go live at 8.30pm on Friday, June 5 on the Speedway Great Britain YouTube channel and SpeedwayGB Facebook page and supporters will be given a direct link where they can donate to the SRBF.