School Sport: Ursuline Prep net finals place
- Credit: Archant
Pupils make home advantage count
Brentwood Ursuline Prep’s netball squad made home court advantage count as they booked a place in the National finals.
The school hosted the ISA East Anglia under-11 tournament for the first time last week and secured the runners-up spot on the day to qualify.
Eight schools were due to compete in the event, but one had to withdraw at the last moment and Ursuline fielded a B team made up of pupils from year four and five to enable the competition to proceed as planned.
Alleyn Court, Cambridge International, Heathcote Prep, Littlegarth, Sacred Heart and St Margaret’s Prep joined the Ursuline entries, with some exciting games being played in the two groups.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesperson Jan West said: “Towards the end of the tournament the weather, which had been reasonably dry all afternoon, changed for the worst.
“Conditions became very difficult, with teams playing in torrential rain.”
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 7 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 8 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 9 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 10 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
Ursuline met Littlegarth in the final and, although beaten, went through along with the winners and third-placed Alleyn Court.
Ursuline Prep: Zara Hameed, Louisa Carolan, Heather Young, Maddy Stapleton, Florence Burrows, Alice Lindsay, Gracie O’Malley, Amelia Moule.