School Sport: Ursuline Prep net finals place
- Credit: Archant
Pupils make home advantage count
Brentwood Ursuline Prep’s netball squad made home court advantage count as they booked a place in the National finals.
The school hosted the ISA East Anglia under-11 tournament for the first time last week and secured the runners-up spot on the day to qualify.
Eight schools were due to compete in the event, but one had to withdraw at the last moment and Ursuline fielded a B team made up of pupils from year four and five to enable the competition to proceed as planned.
Alleyn Court, Cambridge International, Heathcote Prep, Littlegarth, Sacred Heart and St Margaret’s Prep joined the Ursuline entries, with some exciting games being played in the two groups.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesperson Jan West said: “Towards the end of the tournament the weather, which had been reasonably dry all afternoon, changed for the worst.
“Conditions became very difficult, with teams playing in torrential rain.”
- 1 'Foul odour': Neighbours call for action over worsening sewage stench
- 2 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 3 Home owner ordered to pay £4,726 to remove overflowing rubbish
- 4 Patient gets £12k in out-of-court settlement with Romford dental practice
- 5 Pupils equipped for 'medical emergencies' after winning first aid classes
- 6 Heritage: Tragedy at the Upminster sewage works
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 People in hospital after Collier Row collision
- 9 Partner: Romford shooting verdict 'brushes police errors under the carpet'
- 10 Volunteer on using video skills to help hospice
Ursuline met Littlegarth in the final and, although beaten, went through along with the winners and third-placed Alleyn Court.
Ursuline Prep: Zara Hameed, Louisa Carolan, Heather Young, Maddy Stapleton, Florence Burrows, Alice Lindsay, Gracie O’Malley, Amelia Moule.