School Sport: Shenfield High boys into last eight
- Credit: Archant
Shenfield High School’s under-12 boys booked their place in the quarter-finals of the National Cup with a 5-1 win over St Thomas The Apostle College.
Max Toolan opened the scoring from a Liam Jones through ball and Elroy Askari fired home a second from 20 yards.
The visitors hit back from a free-kick in the second half to halve the deficit, but Jones restored the two-goal cushion with an impressive left-footed shot.
Harry Bradbrook made it 4-1 with a superb curling shot into the top corner from 20 yards, before Askari sealed victory with a rare left-footed drive from 25 yards.
Delighted PE teacher Matt Hall said: “It was a fantastically disciplined performance from our team, who couldn’t match St Thomas physically but were more organised.
You may also want to watch:
“We were clinical in front of goal and when we got the opportunities we made the most of them with some outstanding shooting.”
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 3 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 4 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 5 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 6 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 7 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 8 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 9 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 10 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'