School Sport: Rowing medals for Royal Liberty
Romford pupils impress in southern finals
Royal Liberty School returned with medals from the South of England Indoor Rowing Championships at Oxford Brookes University on Sunday.
Competing against students from all over southern England, including several youngsters from rowing clubs, the Romford pupils produced some exceptional performances in an experienced field.
Seb Adams won silver in the J15 category, while Olegs Lascenko claimed bronze in the J16 race.
The duo then teamed up with Mark De Claro and Paul Stubbington to take silver in the J16 3,000 metre team race.
You may also want to watch:
De Claro (10th), Stubbington (12th) and Tommy Easterbrook (11th) also performed well in their individual races.
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?