School Sport: Redden Court get GB visitor
- Credit: Archant
Volleyball ace serves up tips for pupils
Redden Court students from years seven to 10 had the privilege of being coached by Great Britain volleyball player Rachel Laybourne recently.
Laybourne delivered an excellent session which taught students how to spike and block in game situations and the students showed some good progression and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
The visit came after Redden Court had entered 11 teams in the all-day Juvo tournament at Brentwood Leisure Centre.
A spokesperson said: “Most of our students only play volleyball at school, yet three Redden Court teams finished in the runners-up position against experienced opposition.”
You may also want to watch:
The under-13 boys and under-15 girls were runners-up in the pioneer groups, while the under-15 girls were also runners-up in the premier event.
“It was a great day, enjoyed by all. Thank you to Mr Pennock who came to share his expertise and support on the day,” added a spokesperson.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 5 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 6 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
“Mr Pennock previously organised this wonderful competition and it is still going strong.
“Thank you to all of the parents who showed their wonderful support throughout the day. It was greatly appreciated by students and staff.”