School Sport: Redden Court duo double up
- Credit: Archant
Pupils impress at district athletics
Redden Court School pupils shone at the Havering district athletics finals at Hornchurch this term.
High temperatures made conditions difficult for students, but James Lickfold and Holly Nash won two titles each, with Elize Bonning also crowned a borough champion.
Lickfold won the year eight boys’ 100m and long jump, while Nash was champion of the year 10 girls’ 200m and high jump.
Bonning came home first in the year seven girls’ hurdles and had a personal best to finish second in the high jump as the squad finished third overall in Havering.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said: “Redden Court students conducted themselves well throughout the day and were a credit to the school, both in their behaviour and performances.”
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 4 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 5 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 6 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 7 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 8 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 9 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 10 Charity's 10 years of teaching safe travel to vulnerable young people
Y7 boys: Dylan Fallows 4th 1,500m; Hassan Syed 6th long jump; Check Terrell long jump; Alex Philpin 6th high jump; girls: Khia Watson 2nd 800m; Grace Greenway 5th 1500m; Elize Bonning 2nd high jump; Lucie Ballard 3rd 100m; Valeria Ramos 5th 200m; Relay Team 3rd; Overall 3rd.
Y8 boys: Lewis Moore 4th hurdles; Torres Polius 5th javelin; Lewis Moore 5th triple jump; Kai Curran 5th high jump; Relay team 5th; Overall 5th; girls: Amy Nash 4th hurdles, 6th javelin; Millie Spalding 5th 300m.
Y9 boys: Harvey Morement 2nd 800m; 5th discus; Tom Adams 4th javelin; Joe Piercy 6th long jump; girls: Emily George 3rd 100m; Grace Deavin 6th 200m; Josie East 4th 300m; Alanah Jefferies 6th 800m; Relay team 6th.
Y10 boys: Oscar Bridgen 6th hurdles; Max Kendall 4th 100m; Enock Soganile 3rd 400m; Alan Goddard 4th 800m; Stephen Banham-Scott 6th discus; Chester Diwell 4th javelin; Alfie Henderson 4th long jump; Dan Ogoro 6th triple jump; girls: Scarlett Jacks 2nd hurdles, 3rd triple jump; Emily Diwell 4th 100m, 6th javelin; Emily Roofe 5th 300m; Amy Pinkney 2nd 800m, 5th long jump; Beth Johnson 3rd 1500m; Robyn Smith 6th shot put.