School Sport: Marshalls Park impress
- Credit: Archant
Under-16 girls third at futsal event
Marshalls Park’s under-16 girls finished third at the Essex FA futsal tournament at Barking’s Sporthouse.
They beat Lister 1-0 in their first match, as captain Ellie Noble netted, then saw off Gable Hall thanks to a solitary Emily Dempsey strike.
After a 0-0 draw with Notley, Park beat Eastbury 3-0 with Noble nabbing a brace and Carlie Webb also on target.
That sent the Romford pupils through to a semi-final meeting with Sandon, who had won the other group, and honours finished even at 1-1.
You may also want to watch:
That meant a penalty shoot-out, with Emily Street netting from the spot for Park.
But Dempsey and Ellis Appleyard saw their efforts saved and Sandon went through to the final, where they beat Frances Bardsley to lift the silverware.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
Park met Notley again in the third-place play-off and claimed a 1-0 win thanks to Noble’s fourth goal of the day.
Manager Lyndsay Whitley said: “I was very happy with the girls. They all put in solid performances, with particularly strong performances from Ellie Noble and Emily Street.”
Marshalls Park: Emily Dempsey, Abby Tyler, Ellis Appleyard, Molly Egan, Emily Street, Carlie Webb, Captain Ellie Noble, Sydnie Barnes.