School Sport: Havering hail netball heroes
- Credit: Archant
Coopers land double, Redden Court and Chafford celebrate too
Coopers Coborn claimed a double at the Havering League cup finals at Albany this week.
The Upminster School reached the final four in all four age groups, with the year 10s squad of Emily Wheeler, Annie Maguire, Charlotte Marshall, Megan Ruffell, Olivia Martin, Grace Staines, Eliose Hazael and Abbie Bright adding to their Havering Rally title from earlier this month.
They beat Albany 23-0 in their semi-final and Emerson Park 21-7 to complete their double, while the year sevens saw off Albany and St Edwards to claim their silverware.
Their squad was made up of Evie Thomas, Lydia Lyndsey, Kareena Kalar, Imogen Willimas, Scarlett Folan, Rosie Gospage, Jessica Smith and Lucia James.
You may also want to watch:
Coopers year nines were beaten by Redden Court, who maintained their own unbeaten record this season to be crowned.
Redden Court eased to a 16-1 win over Chafford in their semi-final, before beating Coopers by a 10-7 margin to claim the silverware.
- 1 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 2 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 5 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 6 Romford neighbours' outrage over ‘bonkers’ £20,000 council bill
- 7 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 8 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 9 'We had no idea how big he was': 11lb 4oz baby born at Romford hospital
- 10 'Stay strong': West Ham footballers send messages to fan with cancer
Their squad included Scarlett Jacks, Emily Roofe, Amy Pinkney, Emily Diwell, Tayler Martin, Holly Nash, Lucy Eost, Katrina Brown and Bethany Johnson, while Coopers were represented by Elysha Thatcher-Gray, Molly Brown, India El-Badini, Hannah Batty, Phoebe Menear, Riva Siggins and Lauren Wilkins.
Redden Court’s B team finished as fourth best in the borough, thanks to the efforts of Hannah Wood, Robyn Smith, Niamh Duffy, Daisy Dickeson, Katie Cremer, Grace Pickford,Emilia Kendrick, Rebecca Broad and Leah Wiles.
Chafford came out on top in the year eight final, after beating Coopers squad of Sophie Smith, Clemie Lucas-Roast, Isobel McDonach, Annalie Tanner, Rachel Knight, Ria Player and Sophie Parle.
Redden Court finished third, meanwhile, after good work from Josie East, Louise Banham-Scott, Alannah Jeffries, Tia King, Lucy Stubbs, Ayopeju Olasebikan, Lois Wright, Grace Deavin, Allana Clutterbuck, Holly Stubbs and Dorothy Sadiua.
Havering League finals, Y7: 1 Coopers, 2 St Edwards, 3 Chafford, 4 Albany.
Y8: 1 Chafford, 2 Coopers, 3 Redden Court, 4 Sacred Heart.
Y9: 1 Redden Court A, 2 Coopers, 3 Chafford, 4 Redden Court B.
Y10: 1 Coopers, 2 Emerson Park, 3 Abbs Cross, 4 Albany.