School Sport: Coopers win again
- Credit: Archant
Hockey squad secure third straight win
Coopers Coborn’s under-16 girls made it three wins out of three for the hockey department last night.
They beat Forest Under-18s 2nd XI by a 4-0 margin, following double success against New Hall last week.
Coopers are due to visit Ipswich next week and also play in the Essex Cup.
The year eight netball squad were also in action against borough rivals Albany.
You may also want to watch:
The A team won 9-7, while the B team fought hard to finish 2-6.
“A great start to the season by all the girls who played!” said a school spokesperson.
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
A total of 52 students also took part in the Lee Valley Cross Country relays.
The year seven boys squad finished second, while the girls were third.
And the year eight/nine girls came out on top in their age group, while the boys were second.
Each race included around 20 teams and a spokesperson said: “These results are excellent.
“Outstanding effort was shown by every student and fantastic team spirit, giving their all for the badge! What a start to the season!”