Sacred Heart of Mary girls continue unbeaten start to the season
- Credit: Paul Shead
Sacred Heart of Mary Girls' School's Year 9 football team made it three wins from three to start the season with a 9-5 victory over Roding Valley High School.
The Upminster-based school progresses into the next round of the George Cash Under-14 Girls Trophy competition with that win.
Sacred Heart got off to a very slow start and found themselves 2-0 down within the first 10 minutes.
Roding Valley had a number of top-level Tottenham and RTC Academy players, and a quick tactical change by Sacred Heart saw them 6-3 up by half-time before winning 9-5.
In the previous round, Sacred Heart had convincingly beaten Beauxhamps School 11-0.
You may also want to watch:
Sacred Heart also played an England School Girls National Cup match against Grays Convent High School and won 5-2.
They will now face Chase High School in Southend in the next round.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations
In this competition two years ago, they reached the last 16 out of 460 schools around England.