Campion secure third win from five by beating Ilford Wanderers
- Credit: Archant
Campion picked up their third win in five league games as they thrashed Ilford Wanderers away from home.
Pat Hallahan's side struck first before Ilford got themselves back in the game through their captain.
But Campion scored twice more as Ilford replied with their own try, but the away side led 17-12 at the break.
Ilford's defensive mistakes and Campion's ability to move the ball wide kept the scoreboard ticking over for the visitors as they extended their lead in the second half.
The home side added a consolation late on but it was not enough to stop Campion running out 46-17 winners to leave them fourth in the London Three Essex.
You may also want to watch:
Next up for Campion is a home clash with Braintree, who sit second in the table after five games having won four of them.
They secured a 25-14 win over Mavericks in their last game and are just a point ahead of Campion going into the game.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 3 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 4 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 5 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 6 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 7 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 8 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?