Campion record comfortable opening day victory against Basildon
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Campion cruised to a huge 61-12 victory over Basildon on the first day of the London 3 Essex season.
Pat Hallahan's side put on the pressure early in the game as Frankie Hazel scored the first try before Rory Crisp added a second.
New signings James Underwood and Adam Higgins then ensured their side went 28-0 ahead before Crisp and Hazel added their second tries of the game before half-time.
Campion scored again soon after the break, with Higgins then completing a wonderful hat-trick to put his side out of sight.
This Saturday marks the Paddy Dear Memorial Rugby Day at Campion School in memory of the former pupil who died at the age of 16.
You may also want to watch:
Campion School will be taking on Trinity School in the morning, before Campion RFC First XV look to continue their winning start to the season against Mavericks at 3pm.
All proceeds will be donated to the UK Sepsis Trust.
- 1 'Foul odour': Neighbours call for action over worsening sewage stench
- 2 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 3 Home owner ordered to pay £4,726 to remove overflowing rubbish
- 4 Patient gets £12k in out-of-court settlement with Romford dental practice
- 5 Pupils equipped for 'medical emergencies' after winning first aid classes
- 6 Heritage: Tragedy at the Upminster sewage works
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 People in hospital after Collier Row collision
- 9 Partner: Romford shooting verdict 'brushes police errors under the carpet'
- 10 Volunteer on using video skills to help hospice