Romford racer eyeing cup glory after podium finish at Brands Hatch
- Credit: Civic Cup
Romford racer Matt Luff finished on the podium at Brands Hatch as he chases down the top spot in the Milltek Honda Civic Cup.
The former Havering Junior Sports Competitor of the Year sealed a top-three finish in his second visit of the season to Brands Hatch for the penultimate round of the cup.
Luff qualified in third place with less than a tenth of a second gap between the top three drivers.
The youngster finished fifth and second in his two races of the day.
In race two Luff started in sixth, but was able to work his way up the pack to second, helping him further extend his lead over third place in the championship.
The last round at Snetterton next month is a triple header, when all three race results have to count and cannot be used as dropped scores, so there is everything still to play for with Luff sitting second overall.
- 1 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 2 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 4 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 5 'Pupils love coming here': Romford primary school retains 'good' rating
- 6 Plans to convert hotel into housing rejected despite residents' support
- 7 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 8 Tribute paid to father one year after death in council hostel
- 9 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election
- 10 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel