Romford make point in survival battle
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Second string come from behind to draw
Romford’s second string battled to a hard-earned point against Thurrock at Robert Clack to keep their hopes of avoiding relegation alive.
The earlier meeting between the two sides had ended in a 1-1 draw and the return proved just as close.
Thurrock began well and took the lead following a disputed short corner. The home side survived the first set-piece, but another was fired between keeper Lee Bennett and one of his defenders.
Romford were vastly improved in the second half and attacked well, but were finding it hard to penetrate the Thurrock D.
You may also want to watch:
An equaliser eventually arrived, though, when the ball found Brian Mansfield in an unmarked position and he converted from close range.
Stuart Boyling and Garry O’Donoghue netted as the first team beat East London fourths 2-0, but the thirds went down 10-0 at leaders Plashet.
- 1 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 4 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 5 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 6 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 7 Charity launches new 'pantry' - free shop for parents in need
- 8 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
Siobhan Scott Nielsen (2) and Emma James led the women to a 3-0 win over Wapping fourths, as Paula Woodward (2) and Zoe Lawrence saw the second string to a 3-0 win of their own against Brentwood fifths.