Raiders net goalie Milton in first signing of summer
- Credit: Kev Lamb
Romford Junior Raiders have announced their first signing ahead of the 2021-22 season in the form of netminder Danny Milton.
The 27-year-old makes the switch across from National League side Bracknell Bees following a four-year stint with the club.
And he says he is ‘excited’ for a new challenge.
“I’m excited to make the move over to Romford and start working on the next step of my career,” Milton said.
“I’ve worked with Mark Saunders for a long time now so I know exactly what he expects from the team and myself when playing, while also allowing me to focus on my coaching career too.
You may also want to watch:
“I have always admired the set-up they have in Romford and you can see that with the talent that is coming through.
“I’m really looking forward to helping the team grow while also doing what I can to push the team on and win some games when the league gets started.”
- 1 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 2 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Romford neighbours' outrage over ‘bonkers’ £20,000 council bill
- 5 'We had no idea how big he was': 11lb 4oz baby born at Romford hospital
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 8 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 9 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 10 'Stay strong': West Ham footballers send messages to fan with cancer
Head coach Mark Saunders added: “I played with and against Danny before I retired so I know exactly what he’s capable of first hand, as well as watching his growth over the past four seasons with the Bees in the National division where he put in some stellar performances.
“When speaking with Danny it was clear he wanted more playing time and he will be the backbone of this team as we build towards September and the season itself.
“He’s an outstanding netminder and will relish the increased game time and flourish I’m sure.
“He is a level-headed, all-round team guy and that’s what I’m looking forward to seeing him add to our team.
“Danny is also a netminder coach working in the Great Britain set-up, which he will continue to do while playing with Romford and those expertise will lend themselves well to our team and as a leader to this group.
“A great first signing for the 21-22 season.”